WhatsApp Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
To be followed across AAP- MMR Regions & Maharashtra State’s official groups
– The primary objective of creating these guidelines is aimed to streamline & strengthen communications across active volunteers
– Whatsapp group will be used for discussions on topics related to growth of the party, group development activities, tabling of meeting minutes & emergency situations
Posts should be done only between 7 am to 11 pm (unless it is an urgent message about our volunteer being in trouble or arrested or some calamity / disaster or some such exigency)
– There should be no criticism of any volunteer & Grievances. Complaints if any, should strictly be addressed to GRC only
– Only 3 photos per activity – planned by DC, MMR & should include the general public
– Person 2 Person is an alternative mode of communication & should be used judiciously
– Admin must verify the members of the Group on a bi-weekly basis to verify the authenticity & ensure not to include any unknown names / numbers who may cause dissent, steal or leak information.
Whatsapp Group should not be used for
- False posts or unverified forwards
- Non-political, Good morning wishes, Religious / sensitive posts etc.
- Personal & festival greetings like birthdays, anniv, etc
- Personal attacks on fellow volunteers or Party functionaries
- Health, educative & funny videos
- Business, self, sarcastic remarks or any other political Party promotions
- Offensive & pornographic material / posts
- Posting photos related to any activity not planned by DC
- Personal debates
In event of any non-compliance of the above by any volunteer, the admin will issue warning for the first instance, will remove the said member for 3 days with for the second instance, 7 days for the third instance & permanently thereafter.
Social Media Team member would exercise 1 warning & on repetition would lead to termination from the group with immediate effect. Reinstating of the said member will be at the sole discretion of the Social Media Team only
Developed by – Rajesh Punjabi (Joint State Secretary, IT/Process/Systems)
Review & Approval – G R Vora & Sudhir Sawant